What we do
Hub West Scotland (hWS) is a joint-venture organisation which is owned by both the public and private sectors. We currently work with 15 public bodies in the Greater Glasgow and Clyde area, known as the West Territory. We work in partnership to design and construct facilities which provide services to the local communities such as: schools, health centres; leisure centres and offices.
The Scottish Futures Trust (SFT) is an independent company, established by the Scottish Government with a responsibility for delivering value for money across public sector infrastructure investment.
In 2010, the Scottish Futures Trust (SFT) created a simple concept to divide Scotland into five geographical areas known as ‘Territories’. A private sector development partner was appointed in each area to work in partnership with the public sector.
The aim of the joint-venture initiative is to:
- Provide quicker procurement
- Deliver Value for Money
- Support local communities through employment and education
- Encourage joint working within the public sector
- Support the economy by providing opportunities to small businesses
Unlike other frameworks, hWS are a development partner committed to long term relationship with our clients. hub West Scotland only work within the West Territory and rely on the success of our relationships and the delivery of projects in order to become the public sector’s ‘development partner of choice’.
hub West Scotland actively promote a forum where our public sector partners can work together sharing knowledge and best practice and promoting opportunities for joint-delivery.
Benefits of hub West Scotland
- As per European procurement laws, hub has already been advertised within the Official Journal of European Union tendering system (OJEU). For public bodies this means that there is no requirement to undertake lengthy procurement processes, thereby speeding up the delivery of projects and saving money.
- hub West Scotland competitively tender all of our projects to demonstrate value for money to our clients.
- The fees for hub West Scotland and the supply chain are capped at competitive rates. This enables our clients to understand development costs from the outset. Our supply chain are performance managed, ensuring that the best companies are employed to deliver our projects.
Find out more about our Supply Chain.
As the leader in collaborative working hWS offers a suite of services to support our public sector partners and local communities, tailored to their individual requirements:
- Strategic Support Partnering Services – access to our performance managed supply chain for call-off consultancy services such as business cases; feasibility studies; site surveys and condition surveys; (with no commitment or obligation to deliver the projects through hWS).
- Project Development – competitive selection of consultants and contractors to deliver successful projects in partnership with our public sector clients from inception to completion.
- Community Benefits Management – experienced management of the procurement, evaluation and delivery of community benefits in projects delivered by hub West Scotland. hub West Scotland also have the capacity to provide this service on a consultancy basis on projects not delivered by hub West Scotland.
- Project Management – Project Management is at the heart of our core services. Our experienced Project Development Managers provide a key liaison between the public and private sectors, controlling and delivering construction projects to cost and programme, evaluating and balancing risk to achieve our clients goals.
- Contracts and Funding – hub West Scotland can provide Design and Build contracts, and Design, Build, Finance and Maintain contracts with access to private sector funding solutions.
- Asset Management – Management of DBFM facilities on behalf of our public sector partners to ensure building maintenance services are implemented and monitored effectively.
Primary Education – hub West Scotland have a wealth of experience in primary education facilities. We delivered the first SFT reference design schools, and are developing bespoke schools and assisted special needs facilities.
Secondary Education – hub West Scotland are delivering secondary education facilities, which have been jointly delivered by our public sector partners.
hub West Scotland have delivered commercial workshops which have aligned to our public sector partners regeneration plans.
hub West Scotland have developed expertise in delivering offices for our partners who are seeking to rationalise their estates.
hub West Scotland have entered into this sector with the development of Clydebank Leisure Centre, a complicated structure on the banks of the river Clyde.
HEALTH & SOCIAL CARE
hub West Scotland have developed a strong working relationship with NHS GG&C and are delivering multiple facilities which address the new health and social care agenda.
CIVIC & COMMUNITY
hub West Scotland have delivered several award winning civic and community facilities improving the lives of our communities.
There are no current vacancies